- 172mm "post PC devices" (e.g. iPads, iPods, and iPhones) sold in the last YEAR
- In the past quarter 85% of company revenue came from these devices.
- Apple is now the largest manufacturer of computing devices
- The iPad sold more units than any other computer manufacturer
- 40.5mm iPads were sold last year
These stark numbers represent the five year mobile paradigm shift, starting with the iPhone, that will only gain momentum as 4G LTE networks proliferate. With the realistic potential for 10Mbt/s on the upload and 15-25 Mbt/s on the download, it represents substantial improvement over existing 3g networks. No doubt software and media players will be enhancing applications and content (e.g. more video) to take advantage of the enhanced connectivity and giving even greater utility to mobile users.